Bürkert Flow Meter
Bürkert is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of measurement and control systems for liquids and gases. They have a vast portfolio of flow meters and here at BM Engineering Supplies, we are proud to be official Bürkert distributors. We supply a wide range of paddle, mag-flow, positive displacement and mass flow meters from Bürkert. In this article, we will be discussing a selection of some of the Bürkert flow meters that we can supply.
Paddle flow meters
- Bürkert’s Type 8030 inline paddle wheel flow sensor is for use in neutral, slightly aggressive, solid free liquids. It consists of a compact fitting and an electronic module that are rapidly and easily connected together by a Quarter-Turn. Bürkert’s fitting system guarantees simple installation into all pipes from DN 06 to 65.
- The Type 8032 inline paddle wheel flowmeter is for use in clear, neutral or aggressive liquids to
ascertain a monitoring system or an on/off control loop. The switching points can be programmed with the3-key keypad under the display or optionally, for the compact 8032 only, from an external source over a 4-20 mA loop.
Mag flow meters
A Mag (or magnetic) flow meter is a volumetric flow meter that is ideal for wastewater applications or any dirty liquid that is conductive or water based. They do not have any moving parts and are ideal for applications where low pressure drop and low maintenance is desired. BM Engineering provides two types of mag flow meter:
- The type 8051 complete full-bore magnetic flow meter consists of a magnetic sensor fitting type S051 which is connected to an electronics type SE56. It is designed for applications with liquids with a minimum conductivity of 5 μS/cm in high-precision dosing and filling operations.
- The type 8054/8055 complete full-bore magnetic flow meter consists of a magnetic sensor fitting type S054 (or S055), which is connected to an electronics Type SE56. It is also designed for applications with liquids with a minimum conductivity of 5 μS/cm. It can control high-precision dosing operations and flow measurements in portable water treatment and waste water treatment.
Positive displacement flow meters
Positive displacement flowmeters are the only flow measurement technology that directly measures the volume of the fluid passing through the flowmeter. They achieve this by repeatedly entrapping fluid in order to measure its flow. Some of the positive displacement flow meters BM Engineering supplies are:
- The Bürkert type 8071 positive displacement sensor is for measurement or batch control of highly viscous fluids like glue, honey or oil. Its design is based on the oval rotor principle, which has proven to be a reliable and highly accurate volumetric method of measuring flow. Key features include exceptional repeatability and high accuracy over a wide range of viscosities and flowrates.
- The Bürkert type 8072 positive displacement flow sensor with display is designed for use in slightly viscous fluid and to establish a monitoring system or an on/off control loop. The switching points can be programmed with the 3-key keypad under the display or optionally from an external source over a 4-20 mA loop.
Mass flow meters
A mass flow meter is a device that measures the mass flow rate of a fluid moving through a tube. The mass flow rate is measured by the fluid travelling past a fixed point per unit time. BM Engineering supplies two kinds of digital mass flow meters:
- The digital mass flow meter Type 8006 uses an inline sensor based on the thermal principle located directly in the main channel. This results in a very fast response time. Another benefit of this main stream measurement is that it is less sensitive to contamination.
- Digital mass flow meter Type 8700 uses a classic bypass sensor. The actual flow is given as an analogue output signal or can be read out over RS-communication. Fieldbus devices are available. It can optionally be calibrated for two different gases and the user is able to switch between these two gases.
To learn more about BM Engineering’s range of Bürkert flow meters speak to a BM Engineering adviser today by calling 0141 762 0657 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.